We may not be able to put on our normal Summer workshop, but that won’t stop us…The Show Must Go Online!
We are extremely excited to announce that Yolo Stage Company & the City of Woodland Parks and Community Services are partnering to provide a SUMMER ONLINE MUSICAL THEATRE EXPERIENCE for kids.
The Show Must Go Online! is a virtual children’s musical written knowing that the format of a traditional musical would not work remotely, so the show was built from the ground up. The writers considered what kids and directors are going through at this time and worked those themes into each scene – including the antics and technical mayhem that comes with performing a musical online. The result is a comedic and fun storyline designed to lift spirits when we all need it the most.
- The workshop will begin Monday, July 13 and end Thursday, July 30.
- We will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM, online using Zoom.
- Each day will open with 30 minutes of active warm ups and theatre games. After a break there will be a 1st session of 45 minutes, another break, and a 2nd 45-minute session.
- Sessions will include Acting with Sara Townsend, Dance with Yvette Corvo-Misner, Singing with Natalie Jones, Costuming with Cheryl Padilla, and there will be Special Guests!
- Actors will be active, not just sitting in front of a screen.
- We are working to keep our workshop traditions alive with our show t-shirt, crafts, and a final musical video.
There are 21 parts in the musical for actors aged 8 -16. A second afternoon workshop will be considered if enough people register.
The fee to participate in the virtual musical is $150.00. (Scholarships are available.) Register at the City of Woodland website. (NOTE: You may see the listing twice…they are both for the same workshop, just in different categories)
Scripts, login information and more information will be emailed to you in advance of the workshop. You will have a “Techie” to make sure everything works for you.Call Kathy Trott, Producer, at 530-312-0100 for more information.
See you ONLINE!